There were 2,643 test results received and three were positive for Covid-19 — all three having been imported, one each from the UK, USA, and Canada — so Bermuda now has a total of 9 active cases.
A Government spokesperson said, “Between October 23, 24 and 25, there were 2,643 test results received by the Ministry of Health and three were positive for COVID-19. These cases are classified as imported and arrived on the following flights:
- 1. asymptomatic resident arrived on October 14th via Jet Blue [B61731] from JFK and tested positive on their day 8 test
- 2. non-resident arrived October 22nd via British Airways [BA2233] and was tested due to becoming symptomatic
- 3. asymptomatic resident arrived October 16th via Air Canada [AC942] from Toronto who tested positive on their day 8 test.
“Case isolation and contact tracing has begun.
“Bermuda now has 193 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- there are 9 active cases, who are
- all under public health monitoring, and
- none are hospitalized or in critical care;
- a total of 175 have recovered, and
- the total deceased remains 9.
“The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 55 and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 7 to 101 years.
“The average age of all deceased cases is 74 and the age range is 57 to 91 years.
“The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 82 are Imported
- 90 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 21 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- none are under investigation
“Bermuda’s country status is ‘Sporadic Cases’. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.”