The Ministry received 3299 test results — spanning two days of testing — and 36 were positive, so active cases have now declined to 890. with 49 people in hospital, with 10 in ICU, and sadly the Ministry confirmed five more deaths.
“It distresses me to report again that since our last update, Bermuda experienced five more coronavirus-related deaths,” said Minister of Health, Kim Wilson. “My sincere condolences go out to the families and friends who have lost loved ones. Although our number of active cases is trending in the right direction, we are still experiencing deaths, and that is very sad.”
“Since the last update, the Ministry of Health received 3299 test results, and 36 were positive for the coronavirus, giving a test positivity rate of 1.1%.
“These results are from testing done on:
“Sunday: 6 positive out of 1337 results [0.4% positivity]
“Monday: 30 positive out of 1962 results [1.5% positivity]
“Five of the new cases are classified as imported with a history of travel in the previous 14 days. The additional 31 new cases are classified as either local transmission or remain under investigation.
“Additionally, since the last update, there have been 247 recoveries and five deaths.
“There are 890 active cases, of which:
- 841 are under public health monitoring and
- 49 are in hospital, with 10 in intensive care
“Since the last public report on Monday, there have been seven admissions and six discharges from the hospital.
“Since March 2020, Bermuda has recorded 5455 confirmed coronavirus cases, out of which 4478 have recovered, and sadly 87 Covid related deaths.
“The source of all active cases is as follows:
- 32 are Imported
- 193 are classified as local transmission of which:
- 193 are Local transmission with known contact/source and
- 0 are Local transmission with an unknown contact/source
- 665 are Under Investigation
“Active cases by vaccination status, transmission, and type:
- Imported cases: 91% are fully vaccinated and 9% are not vaccinated
- Local/Under Investigation cases: 30% are fully vaccinated and 70% are not vaccinated
- Variant typing is not available at this time due to the prioritisation of test results.
“The source of all confirmed cases is as follows:
- 613 are Imported
- 3411 are classified as local transmission of which:
- 2593 are Local transmission with known contact/source and
- 818 are Local transmission with an unknown contact/source
- 1431 are Under Investigation
“As investigations proceed, transmission categories may change. For information regarding age distributions and overall transmission categories, please refer to https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-Covid19-update.
“The seven-day average of our real-time reproduction number is 0.62. Bermuda’s current country status is Clusters of Cases. However, local data continues to indicate that Bermuda meets the criteria for Community Transmission. Community transmission is characterised by an increased incidence of locally acquired, widely dispersed cases, with many cases not linked to specific clusters.”