There were 744 test results received today and none were positive for COVID-19, so the total of confirmed positive cases remains at 156, with 6 cases remaining active.
A Government spokesperson said, “Today there were 744 test results received by the Ministry of Health, and none were positive for COVID-19.
“Bermuda has 156 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- there are now 6 active cases, who are
- all under active public health monitoring, and
- none are hospitalized or in critical care;
- a total of 141 have recovered,
- the total deceased remains 9, and
“The average age of all of our confirmed positive cases is 59 and the age range of all of our positive cases is from 18 to 101 years.
“The average age of all deceased cases is 74 and the age range is 57 to 91 years.
“The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 52 are Imported
- 85 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 19 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- none are under investigation
“Bermuda’s country status is “Sporadic Cases”. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.”
The Minister of Health Kim Wilson said, “I encourage everyone to have a safe and enjoyable Cup Match. Remember to practice “Safe six” and wear your masks if you can’t be six feet apart from others.”
“The next COVID-19 update will be on Saturday 1st August.”