There were 919 test results received today and none were positive for COVID-19, so the total of confirmed positive cases to date remains at 175, with 8 cases remaining active.
A Government spokesperson said, “Today there were 919 test results received by the Ministry of Health, and none were positive for COVID-19.
“Bermuda has had 175 total confirmed positive cases. Their status is as follows:
- 158 have recovered, and
- there are 8 active cases, who are
- all under active public health monitoring;
- none is hospitalized or in critical care, and
- the total deceased remains 9.
“The source of all local cases is as follows:
- 65 are Imported
- 89 are Local transmission, with known contact
- 19 are Local transmission with an unknown contact, and
- 2 are under investigation
“Bermuda’s country status is ‘Sporadic Cases’. The seven-day average of our real time reproduction number is less than 1.
“The Ministry of Health regrets to advise that due to an isolated coldchain problem with one batch of samples, some of the persons who were tested at the ModernMart site today will have to be recalled for testing. The problem did not affect travellers’ testing, however we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to the affected persons.”