Hospitality businesses and entrepreneurs are invited to join a Bermuda Tourism Authority [BTA] virtual thought-leadership event this week aimed at “offering critical survival resources” during Covid-19.
A spokesperson said, “Hospitality businesses and entrepreneurs are invited to join a Bermuda Tourism Authority [BTA] virtual thought-leadership event this week aimed at offering critical survival resources during COVID-19.
“The free, 90-minute “Industry Resilience Roundtable” webinar, scheduled for 3–4:30 pm [ADT] Thursday, April 2, will share latest global data related to traveller sentiment and the impact of COVID-19 on Bermuda, along with examples of business innovation and adaptation occurring in response to the crisis.
“Local experts will offer advice on how tourism businesses can proactively stem losses and leverage opportunities to better survive in collective readiness for the industry’s recovery.
“BTA Interim CEO Glenn Jones and Chief Information Officer Erin Smith will co-chair the virtual roundtable, alongside a collection of local thought leaders, including:
- Philip Barnett, Director & President, Island Restaurant Group and a BTA Director
- Chris Furbert, President, Bermuda Industrial Union [BIU]
- Stephen Gould, SVP, Head of Corporate Banking, Butterfield Bank
- Craig Simmons, Senior Lecturer, Economics, Bermuda College
- Erica Smith, Executive Director, Bermuda Economic Development Corporation [BEDC]
- Kristin White, writer, retailer, tour operator, entrepreneur
“We have the right people around the table to have a serious discussion about collectively navigating our way through this unprecedented event,” said Jones. “Whether you work in the tourism industry or own a piece of it, my hope is this Industry Resilience Roundtable steels you for the hardships of right now, and at the same time, prepares you for the recovery of tomorrow.”
“To join the roundtable, go here.”