The legal challenge to the Covid-19 regulations which seek to “require non-vaccinated Bermudian travellers to quarantine at their expense for fourteen days” at a local hotel has been filed with the Supreme Court.
This is according to lawyer Mark Pettingill, who said, “I am pleased to confirm that our client’s constitutional challenge to the Government’s Covid-19 regulations, particularly the proposed amendments which seek to unreasonably require non-vaccinated Bermudian travellers to quarantine, at their expense, for fourteen  days at the Hamilton Princess Hotel & Beach Club, The Coco-Reefs Resort, and the Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa, has been filed with the Supreme Court.
“We anticipate receiving confirmation of a hearing date on our client’s application for emergency application for interim injunctive relief before Friday 4 June 2021; we remain confident that our client’s application will be successful, and the Government will be restrained from implementing the unreasonable mandatory hotel quarantine.
“Our clients would like to take this time to thank the public for their enormous support as they seek to protect the constitutionally enshrined rights of all Bermudians,” Mr Pettingill concluded.
Effective June 6th, “all non-immunised persons travelling to Bermuda are subject to mandatory supervised quarantine and will be required to bear all costs for the hotel/guest house,” National Security Minister Renee Ming has previously said.
BNV held last month with Courtenay Griffiths QC, Mark Pettingill and Eron Hill discussing the matter