The Ministry said that it has been notified of four Covid-19 related deaths – one September, one in November, and two during the week of December 20th — which brings the total of confirmed Covid-19 related deaths since last year to 110.
A Government spokesperson said, “Sadly, the Ministry of Health can confirm that it has been notified of four Covid-19 related deaths.
“It’s important to note that two of the deaths occurred in September and November, respectively, and are being reported following ongoing death certificate reconciliation.
“This brings the total of confirmed Covid-19 related deaths to 110. The other two deaths occurred during the week of December 20th, 2021.”
Acting Minister of Health Wayne Furbert said, “It’s always difficult to lose a loved one. And I wish to take this opportunity to extend my sincerest and heartfelt condolences to those families who are grieving during this sad time.”
“The Ministry of Health continues to remind the public to adhere to the current health protocols and guidelines that are currently in place. Please continue to exercise caution in high-risk settings – such as holiday gatherings, bars and restaurants. Please continue to wear a mask, practice good hand hygiene and keep physically distanced from those not in your household.
“The Ministry of Health advised that the next coronavirus update will be tomorrow, December 30, which is in keeping with the bi-weekly schedule.”