The Ministry of Finance is advising the public of the current resumption of services and hours of operation for the Office of the Tax Commissioner, the Accountant General’s Office, the Department of Social Insurance and the Registrar of Companies.
A Government spokesperson said, “The Office of the Tax Commissioner will have limited staff, on rotation, available from Monday to assist with completion of tax returns. We will be available daily from the hours of 9 am to 2 pm. The remaining staff have been and will continue to work remotely.
“The deadline for January – March 2020 payroll tax, corporate service and hotel occupancy returns has been extended to May 15th in order to accommodate persons without internet access. Financial Service returns are also due by May 15th.
“Please continue to send all enquiries to email@example.com. Your email will receive a response within 24 hours. If an email is insufficient to manage your query the appropriate staff member will contact you via phone. Please include current contact information in the email.
“All BEDC and UBA enquiries are to be made via firstname.lastname@example.org. We kindly request that all taxpayers with completed returns attend the ACG Cashiers, Government Administration Building.
“We will service taxpayers on the days below by the first letter of the Business Name or for self-employed individuals without a business name the first letter of the first name.
- Monday: A & B
- Tuesday: C – F
- Wednesday: G – L
- Thursday: M – Q
- Friday: R – Z, numbers, symbols
“Masks/face coverings will be mandatory for both staff and taxpayers seeking assistance.
“In order to assist with required social distancing and to reduce persons exposure to COVID-19 please use www.etax.gov.bm to register and file taxes. This account can also be used to make payments on account for taxpayers on payment plans. It will become mandatory to file payroll tax returns online in the coming months as we work to perfect methods of providing assistance using distance methods.
“Please note that as an assistance in the current period outstanding land tax accounts will not incur interest until July 31st. If you have the ability to pay please either use online banking bill pay options or www.eTax.gov.bm.
“Accountant General’s public facing operations.
Accountant General Cashiers
Accountant General Cashiers operating out of Government Administration Building on Parliament Street re-opened on Monday, May 4th with social distancing protocols in place. Visitors to the Cashiers office will be required to wear masks.
Government Employee Health Insurance – GEHI
“GEHI is fully operational with staff working in office and remotely. A drop box will be placed in the lobby of 51 Andrews Place as of Monday, May 4th. Any and all documents for submission to GEHI should be placed in the drop box. Email queries should be sent to email@example.com. If telephone contact is required, please call 298-7157.
The Department of Social Insurance will continue to:
- Accept benefit applications and contribution payments online. Credit cards will be taken over the phone.
- Process online employee adjustments
- Pay pension benefits online and by cheque
- Pay War Veteran and Caregiver payments
- Maintain a team roster of staff who will be rotated to maintain social distancing. Duties carried out will include completing most back office operations as well as answering the telephones.
- Contact information: Direct Line 294-9242 Benefits: email SIBenefits@gov.bm Contributions: email SIContributions@gov.bm Compliance related matters: email SICompliance@gov.bm Other queries: email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Registrar of Companies:
- Will be open regular business hours
- Will have staff available at:
- Revenue Collection
- Corporate Searches
- Will provide:
- Public search services
- Receipt Payments & Filings
- Filing deadlines and fees have been extended for local and permit companies until June 30th
- All other back office functions will continue to work remotely
“During the Shelter in Place phase, the Registrar of Companies facilitated over 1000 search requests, and processed over 1100 applications, over 100 of which are for new entity registration.”