The public is advised that due to the current Covid guidelines, there are changes to day-to-day operations within the Ministry of Home Affairs.
A Government spokesperson said, “The public is advised that due to the current Covid guidelines, there are changes to day-to-day Government operations. Please note below some of the changes within the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Dept. Of Land Title and Registration:
- The LTRO will remain open for business albeit with a smaller skeleton staff within the office.
- Documents may be delivered to the LTRO but by appointment only until further notice.
- The main number to call is 294-9266
- All search rooms remain fully open, but searches will be by appointment only until further notice, send email to email@example.com
- All voluntary registration applications directly from members of the public have been suspended until further notice.
- All face to face meetings [both with members of the public and all stakeholders including attorneys] have been suspended until further notice
For Consumer Affairs:
- All rental inspections are suspended
- No walk-in or in house meetings
- All forms and information can be accessed via the Government Portal under Consumer Affairs.
- If you do not have access to the internet you can pick up a form for rent increases, debt collection licensing application and leases guidelines from the foyer outside of our office.
- You can email us for general enquiries or submit your paperwork at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can put it in the dropbox outside our office.
- Consumer Affairs will have a staff presence for phone enquiries. For Consumer Affairs call 297-7627, for Rent Control call 297-7700
For Dept. of Planning:
- Department is closed to walk-in queries, however, we are still offering all services.
- Most officers are working from home, however, a skeleton crew is in the office and the main number being used is: 297-7756
- Building and Electrical inspection requests should continue to log on using the code-a-phone: 297-7828
- Officers can be contacted via email and via virtual meetings.
- For general enquiries via email, persons should email email@example.com
- For more information log on to the Website: www.planning.gov.bm
- The Department’s system: here
- For inquiries on how to use our online system, please contact our Information Systems Officer, Ms. Mandy Shailer firstname.lastname@example.org