Hospitalisations from January 11 to September 18 — including repeat admissions — totalled 183, of which 169 [92.3%] were not fully vaccinated, while 14 [7.7%] were fully vaccinated, the Government said this evening.
The Governnment also noted that during the same time period, there were 30 deaths, of which 26 [86.7%] were not fully vaccinated, while 4 [13.3%] were fully vaccinated.
This graphic was shown during the Govt’s press conference:
Speaking at this evening’s press conference, Health Minister Kim Wilson provided “recent statistics on the footfall impact of Covid positive and Presumptive Covid positive Patients on the Emergency Room at the hospital.
She said, “The foot traffic between July 15 – 31, shows:
- 3 Covid-19 cases arrived at the hospital, out of
- 1280 emergency room visits
- And the percentage of Covid cases over total ER visits was 0%.
The foot traffic between August 1 – 31 shows:
- 34 Covid-19 cases arrived at the hospital out of
- 2394 emergency room visits
- And the percentage of Covid cases over total ER visits was 1.4%.
The foot traffic between September 1 – 20 shows:
- 212 Covid-19 cases arrived at the hospital out of
- 1341 emergency room visits
- And the percentage of Covid cases over total ER visits was 15.8%.
“I provide this information so that the community can better understand the impact on the hospital of this fourth wave. The hospital is managing more than 200 Covid-related ER visits while also providing care to 58 inpatients, 14 of whom are in the ICU,” the Minister added.
Update: The text the Government initially sent out said August 1 – 3, listening to the video the Minister did say “first to third”, however the Government had a small error with the date, Bernews checked with the Government and they confirmed it should have been August 1st to 31st, so we adjusted the text above.