[Updating] With active cases surging to 877 and a record high 36 people in hospital, the Government has announced ‘Stay at Home’ order will take effect from 5am on Tuesday, April 13 for a period of 7 days.
Update | Some Key Points:
- Stay at home order from 5am on Tuesday, April 13 for 7 days
- Most businesses — outside of essential ones like grocery stores, pharmacies & gas stations — will be closed.
- Permitted businesses will operate from 11.00am to 7.00pm during the seven days
- Grocery shopping will return to alphabetized days by surname
- Limited banking services will also be allowed.
- Household mixing is prohibited and will be specified like that inside of law
- 118 new positive cases, now 877 active cases
- 36 people are in hospital with 6 in ICU.
Update: Speaking on the ‘Stay At Home’ order the Premier said ,”Bermuda will be under a stay at home order from 5.00am on Tuesday, April 13 for seven days. This means that persons are not to leave their homes for anything other than essential movement or grocery shopping.
“Grocery shopping will return to alphabetized days of shopping by surname. Shopping for essentials at a pharmacy, also attending the gas station, attending a vaccination or testing appointment, or attending a medical appointment at a register healthcare professional’s office. Additionally, there will be limited banking services that will be able to be provided.
“These permitted businesses will operate from 11.00am to 7.00pm during the seven day period of the stay at home order. These are the only businesses that will be able to remain open. All other businesses which cannot operate remotely must close.
“Grocery stores remain open and the supply chain for goods isn’t interrupted. This means there is no need for people to rush the shops to panic buy – buy what you would need normally, and continue to be considerate of others. There is enough for everyone.
“Again, working from home is mandatory. And if you cannot work from home, you must remain at home. Household mixing is prohibited and will be specified like that inside of law. If you choose to mix households or visit another household, you will be violating the law that will come into place at 5:00am.”
Update: The live broadcast has concluded and the replay is below
We will update as able, your screen will automatically refresh: