Minister of Education Diallo Rabain announced updates to the Covid-19 quarantine policy for schools today [March 1].
A Government spokesperson said, “Following consultation with the Ministry of Health, Minister of Education Diallo Rabain announced today updates to the quarantine policy for schools which are effective immediately.
“The following updates have been made:
Vaccinated Positive Cases
- Quarantine for 7 days with test out with a certified Lateral Flow Test [LFT].
Unvaccinated Positive Cases
- Quarantine for 10 days with a test out with a certified LFT.
- No need to quarantine but monitor symptoms and test daily with LFT for 7 days.
- Results are to be uploaded to a form that system leaders will be able to access.
- Previously positive [3 months max]: No quarantine unless there is suspicion of a new variant. Monitor symptoms -and test daily with LFT for 7-days.
Unvaccinated/staff and students participating in the antigen/weekly saliva screening program:
- Take a PCR Test, and if negative, return to class.
- Monitor symptoms, continue to participate in weekly saliva/Antigen screening
- Test daily with LFT for 7 days.
Unvaccinated/staff and students not participating in an antigen/weekly saliva screening program:
- Quarantine for 10 days.
- If you are a casual contact you should make sure you know the symptoms of coronavirus and be aware that you may develop them.
- You do not need to restrict your movements.
- Follow the public health guidance, as published on www.gov.bm/coronavirus.
“If you develop symptoms of coronavirus, you will need to self-isolate and phone your GP straight away for advice.
“Please note that orders to Quarantine are solely under the remit of the Department of Health. Despite these changes, depending on the circumstance, the Department of Health may require person to still quarantine. All persons quarantining under the previous guidelines must confirm with health if they can move to the revised guidelines.”
Minister Rabain said, “Our schools have been waiting patiently for the revised COVID-19 Phases for schools to be issued. I thank all of the principals and key stakeholders for their submissions and ideas, as they were all very useful.
“The Ministry is finalizing some last-minute reviews, but we anticipate releasing the document shortly. Again, I want to thank everyone for their patience as we work to strike the right balance between keeping our schools safe and living with COVID-19.”